Thursday, May 25, 2006

OMG It's a Blog!

I always love first posts because I never have anything to say. I can't talk about anything that happened to me today. Nor could I express my opinion on something. It just doesn't feel right. If I were to talk about these things in my first post there would be this feeling of emptiness.

It's like pretending that there was never a beginning. Sometimes I'll go through someone's blog or forum post, talking about their formula to make people immortal or whatnot, and wonder "Hey! This person's pretty smart, I wonder what she or he is like. I bet I can find it in the first post!". And when I see that their oldest post details their plans to find a cure for cancer, I find myself disappointed. Sure, it's possible that they've had other blogs to hone their craft, and it's still indicative of what they were like way back when. However, I'd like to know things like this in a more concise manner.

Opening posts like this one let us know where you came from. It doesn't necessarily have to be long, nor have much detail. But it does give one the sense of a beginning (or another beginning if you've done this before). While it doesn't necessarily set the whole mood of the blog, it does give us a more clear idea of who the poster is. For example, by the time you've come to this part of the blog, you probably figured that I'm an egotistical moron who obviously doesn't have anything to contribute to modern human society and likes to create blogs just to chastise those who create blogs in a manner that doesn't suit him.

I would prefer that you didn't think that way of me. I'm just writing this opening post because I really don't have much to say. Hopefully I'll be able to post something meaningful in the future.

But now that's all done I'd just like to say one thing: I'm glad to be here. I'm sure we'll have fun.

No comments: